Defrost Blower Resistor 2001 Doge Dakota

Old 02-09-07, 07:57 AM
Defrost Blower Resistor 2001 Doge Dakota

This morning I got up and my defrost blower would not work, fuse is fine and from the sound of it the fan is not even trying to turn on. From talking to the dealership one possiblity for this is the blower resistor unfortunately they were relutent to give me a location for it only that it is in the dash somewhere.
I'm looking for instructions as to changing out the blower resistor for a 2001 Dodge Dakota and can't seem to find any. As well as a definitiion of where it is located. At the moment it is -27 here with the windchill and I really don't want to drive any longer then I have to without blowing the heat around having an open window is not very compfortable. If anyone can point me in the direction of finding this information I would very much appriciate it.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-07, 08:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Go to www.autozone.com Put in our trucks info and then go to repair guides - chassis electrical - heater blower. You will find a good pictorial guide and instructions.

Old 02-09-07, 08:54 AM
thanks but according to autozone no repair guide is available for that model and year of dakota. Any other spots you may know of?

Old 02-10-07, 08:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Looks like the lastest info they have is on a 1996 Dakota. Don't know how close that is to the 2001 model, but may be worth a peek. They may make trim changes and still keep the same internal items.

Old 02-10-07, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the help I found out from Chrysler parts department where it was located. For future reference it is under the dash on the passenger side (same from 2001 to 2004) common replacement part with only two screws holding it in place (8 mm). From what they told me there they replace them on a regular bases on dealership said something like 20 a month although it is held in with two screws it is a pain to get at and takes some fancy body movements.
Thanks again.