Got Hot-Lost Everything

Old 03-07-07, 09:55 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got Hot-Lost Everything

STOP FORGET--OLD DUMMY FOUND HIS PROBLEM.HE FOUND OUT YOU STILL HAVE TO SHIFT TO P or N TO START. SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE. When a man gets 75 he should quit.

I have an '87 Bounder with 454 GM engine. I cranked to let run awhile. It was running in fast idle. I had visitor, forgot and it got hot,real hot. I had to put in gear to slow eng to shut down. A few minutes later I tried ignition and nothing happened, no head lights,dash gauges not any thing. The Onan is the only thing that would run. This unit has a start solenoid on fire wall and a start push button on dash to boost the start with key ignition. I replaced this solenoid after checking starter, and solinoid was ok. I have no voltage to the starter from firewall solenoid. I put jumper to upper terminal of solenoid and and got a click (solenoid on firewall,when I pressed booster button), and the lights and Gauges worked. I can usually trouble shoot an elect circuit but I am lost. The old solenoid checked out ok. The fuse links were not scorched or burned and appeared ok. I am getting 12v dc from my converter. This unit does not have the computer. I can usually find about any thing on this forum,so I am hoping there are a few good mechanics that may have a clue to my problem. I thank you in advance.
Robert

Last edited by Robertk; 03-07-07 at 01:02 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-08-07, 09:07 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
not a problem it could happen to any one not due to age
but this is a good learning experiance for all to doubel check and back track to see if a step was mised or something was forgogen some times the solution is very simple

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: