Need Suggestions

Old 03-07-07, 07:57 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Suggestions

Hi! This is my first time posting here and I'm sure there is somewhere for me to find this, but here goes . . .

My husband and I bought a camping trailer over a year ago. It's fairly old and needs to be updated, but we don't really know where to start or what we should put our money in first. I really want to replace all the bedding stuff (foam, etc.) and re-wallpaper the inside. I think that would be a good place to start, then move towards the appliances. Any suggestions on what's the easiest to start with as first time rv renovators? Also, anyone ever camp with a newborn? We're wanting to go on vacation this summer with our then 6 month old. Any tips on what to bring or do with him? Thanks!

Old 03-07-07, 09:49 PM
Your thinking in the right direction. Updating the upholstery and curtains as well as the walls and floors will drastically change the interior appearance. Another option to wall paper is z-prime the old wall paper then paint over it. I did this to an older motor home then put new carpet in and it looked great and was much easier for me. linen outlet stores are a great place to get foam and fabric. Then ask your Aunt if she would like to do some sewing. You mentioned appliances. If your going to do major repairs like taking these out I would do this first. Unless you know what your doing these tasks might be alittle indepth. Don't get to a point where you've gone to far to fix it yourself and end up spending more money than the trailer is worth.
As far as the baby goes. A portable crib and a small fan if you don't have air. Good luck.

p.s. spend the time to reseal and weatherproof the trailer.

Old 03-08-07, 05:12 PM
N
Thanks! I talked to my husband last night and we really need to look at the trailer again. It's been stationed at his parents house since we bought it. I think we've decided to just try updating the inside and make sure the air conditioner is either working or we'll replace that. We have a propane 2 burner cooktop that we bought when we use to tent camp, so appliances will probably wait. I'm totally for either painting the interior or wallpapering. Whatever he'll let me do. I'd also like to replace things like the flooring and the toilet. As soon as we get started, I'll take pics and hopefully someone can help me with $ saving tips!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: