First post - help with RV water heater

Old 03-10-07, 06:36 PM
First post - help with RV water heater

Good evening forum ! This is my first post as a new member and hope I found the right forum for this question. My RV propane water heater's main burner will no longer shut off automatically, and keeps burning until I manually turn control valve off. There it remains in the off position resulting in no hot water at the present time. I do not have owner's manual, but system is an older unit but troublefree to this point. What appears to be a temperature probe has broken cleanly across the thicker tube portion, but what appears as contents do not look like what one would expect to find in a thermocouple based on what I have researched so far on the internet. I would appreciate any help or suggestions you would care to make. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-07, 08:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the Forums!

I think you might get a better answer if you post this in the "Plumbing" section of the forums. The moderators might move it for you, but you can repost in there and they will delete this one if need be.

I wish I could help you, but I am not familiar with this field.

Good luck!

Old 03-11-07, 05:31 PM
Arn
Depending on the make of your water heater, what you're describing as a temperature probe may well be an anode rod. If so then the broken piece is probably bouncing around in your water heater. A broken anode rod can dramatically shorten the life of your water heater. Personally, I would spend the money &take it to an RV shop.