1994 ford ranger 2.3L want start

Old 08-28-07, 02:59 PM
1994 ford ranger 2.3L want start

Hello folks,
I have a big problem and need some help.Truck has just stopped running.Its like its not getting fuel or not firing.It will try to start just for a second when the key is first turned on.Its like the injectors leak a little fuel and it trys to start with that small amount of fuel but after that,nothing.
I have had the coil packs checked,ignition module checked and they where good.
I have replaced:
alternator
starter
O2 sensor
fuel pressure regulator
PCM(Computer on truck)
fuel pump
fuel sending unit
Checked the timing and it was 180 deg.Turned it to the correct timing.
Bought a code scanner and its giving me a #118=Coolent temperture sensor curcuit above max voltage,#337=EGR valve pressure tranducer/position sensor circuit above max voltage.
Does this mean that these 2 sensor are bad and wiil this make the truck not crank??
Can anyone PLEASE help me with my problem??

Thanks for the help
Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-07, 05:12 PM
Also the injectors are not pulseing.Not letting fuel in engine.

Thanks

Old 08-29-07, 07:46 AM
did this truck just stop running and then you did all this work
first thing wrong is the truck could not have been out 180 it would not have ran so put it back and check again you were probobly on number 4 cyl when you checked not 1 also if the cooling sensor is reading high than check to see if it is pluged in if sensor is bad it may cause no start do you have spark
check those thing and let us know

Old 08-29-07, 04:56 PM
Ok,thanks for the info,will double check and let you know tomorrow.

Old 08-30-07, 01:04 PM
ok,the timing is set right.Cannot locate the cooling sensor,looked everwhere.Trying to get some info on where it is located.
I unpluged the throttle body sensor and checked the ohms per the repair book.
Its says to check the resistence and move the throttle by hand and see if there is a smooth change in resistence,there is no change it stays the same.It says if there is no change it is bad and needs changed,IS THIS TRUE??

Thanks,all the info will be helpful

Tom

Old 08-30-07, 01:10 PM
ok let me go into more detail on what happen.

Drove truck to the store and it was fine.2 hours later we had a very bad thunderstorm.I was parked out by a tree but didn't think anything about it.When i had to go to work later that night,the truck would not start.
We had very bad lighting with this storm,electric and phone went out.I know there is a underground phone line in the area i was parked at that runs to my house and lighting was hitting all around.
There is no sign of lighting hitting the tree i was by.Could have lighting come threw the ground somehow and go threw the truck?

Tom

Old 08-31-07, 07:15 AM
the tps needs to be checed while pluged in on the sensor return line and gound while you have it unpluged turn on key and see if you have 5 volt refrence voltage on one of the tps wires

Old 09-02-07, 10:59 PM
Lightbulb

I'd check for spark. Unless I missed it I haven't seen that you've actually confirmed that you do have spark.

If you don't have spark, and the fuel injectors aren't pulsing at all, then it sounds like the computer isn't able to tell the position of the crankshaft.

I am totally inexperienced with your particular vehicle. However, the computer will generally time the injectors and ignition spark using information from a crankshaft position sensor, or a camshaft position sensor. (Since you don't have a distributor... I'm assuming since you referred to coil packs.)

But when an engine won't start, the first two things to check are fuel delivery and ignition spark.