help

Old 09-18-07, 05:26 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question help

hi
i have a gmc 1994 sierra truck v6 4.3 engine
now i want to know if is it possible to replace the v6 for a v8 engine..
What do i need to change?transmission?computer,trottle body?if some can help me it will be very appreciated.

Old 09-18-07, 05:45 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You may be biting off more then you can chew if you plan on doing this yourself.

Depending on tranny condition, you may be able to bolt right up to it without replacing it, but I have seen alot of people do this, and it wasn't long until that tranny was toast.

Your chassis is probably already set up for the V8, so probably no modification to it would be necessary.

I would think the fuel pump would need replacing (maybe)

Water pump as well

There is alot more involved.

Did you plan on dropping a 350 in it?

Old 09-18-07, 07:20 PM
A
Question help

yes i want to buy a 350 v8 engine but i need to know what do i need to change i can take out the v6 and put the v8 i have some experience on it but i need the tech, like change the computer or the fuel inyection. I can do it but need technical help.
The problem with the truck is v6 is a small engine and i need it to pull a trailer.

Old 09-19-07, 08:32 AM
A
any and all electronics need to be swaped best bet to find a donner vehicle that has what you need otherwise it will be a big expence

Old 09-22-07, 11:39 PM
J
the swap to a v 8 is not a hard one one no electronics are needed to be replaced it is all the same v6 to v 8 the distributor is about it i think you will need to have the computer reprog. or get one from the junk yard that came out of a v8 the 4.3 L v6 is identical to the 350 v8 in all ways just short 2 cyl. so it sould not be hard to do at all

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: