removing gas tank

Old 10-16-07, 08:43 PM
removing gas tank

help anyone ? i have a 1981 wennibago, when the motor is running gasoline leaks from the top of the tank and drips at a prity good rate ,the rv idols fine and reves up with no hesatation.
how hard is it to drop the tank and repair or replace a fuel line or fule pump ?
thanks C.S.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-07, 10:45 AM
not that bad a job try and remove as much fuel as posible thay can be heavy full look for conectors on fule lines that can be removed befor tank if posible also any wire conecters place jack to suport center of tank remove straps and fillrer neck slowly drop tank best if you have a helper if there were no lines or wires to remove first as you drop tank slowly reach up top and remove as for the leak repair all depends what is leaking if you can hang tank and have some one prim system (just turn key on so pump energises you may be able to see what is leking use strong flash light or ultra vilot if gas sprays on it bulb will not brake and cause fire do your repair and thats it

Old 10-17-07, 10:55 AM
Thumbs up

thanks for the info ,so far i have one side unbolted ,as i lower the jack the tank doesn't seam to drop ,i will secure the load and unbolt the other side and hope for the best

Old 10-19-07, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by chef sam View Post
thanks for the info ,so far i have one side unbolted ,as i lower the jack the tank doesn't seam to drop ,i will secure the load and unbolt the other side and hope for the best
"success" i was able to follow your instructions and make the repairs ,turned out to be a rotten hose with a kink in it ,i replaced all of the fuel lines while i had the tank down ,just a little tricky getting the tank back into place as i was working solo
thanks again AUTO DOC
CS