Ford dash light "wrench"

Old 10-17-07, 12:08 PM
Ford dash light "wrench"

We have an '05 Ford F150. Recently the truck had a light come on that is an open ended wrench while my wife was driving and it started running very rough according to her.
I looked this up on the internet and it stated this was a throttle position sensor or something like that.
It has come on a couple of times now. We found that by turning the truck off the light goes out for a few days.
We turned the truck in for repair as it's still under warranty for a few more miles anyway. They said they might have to order parts to fix it and it might be a few days.
Anyone else had this problem and if so how frequent?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-07, 05:49 PM
OK, the called and said I needed another throttle actuator and it had to be ordered. They got it in today and replaced it but when I went to pick the truck up the "wrench" light on the dash is on solid and it will not go out now.
Now it's worse than when I took it to them.
This makes 3 problems with this truck and a total of some 9 days in the shop in less than 23K miles.
And needless to say I could not pick up the truck.
Worst Ford truck I have ever had so far and I have had a few in my life with no problems.

Old 10-20-07, 06:48 AM
OK, another 2 1/2 days in the shop and they replaced the part (new actuator) that they said came in bad from Ford and it runs again.
I am thinking of trading this one away however. It appears this truck may be costly to maintain when the warranty is gone.
Not only that, but they truck has been tied up in the shop for some 9 days in 2 1/2 years of very light service. Make me wonder what to expect in the future.

Old 11-16-07, 04:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Has anyone done a diagnostic check of the engine? Replacing parts can get expensive, especially when a dealer does it on a "guess" and a prayer.