still confused! 95' f150

Old 01-03-08, 09:07 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
getting lost with 95' f150

Can anyone advise me? I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Not sure if fuel pressure is up, but the relief valve has fuel when pressed. All the wires spark. And it still doesn't start. The truck cranks and sounds like it wants to start at times. Is it a module or relay for the fuel? Or am i not doing somthing right? Thank you

Old 01-04-08, 09:25 AM
A
first thing did it run before changing these things second what engine are we dealing with did you cross the wires posibly if not than you need to get fuel presure reading and make sure there is a good strong spark at plugs when you changed plugs were thay wet with fuel you may have to pull them crank engine without plugs for a second to expell exess fuel and replace you may have a flood condition let us know your results and we will see what we can do

Old 01-04-08, 07:54 PM
E
still lost w/ 95'f150

It was running, then it just shut off. This is the 5.0 fuel injected. It seems like it's not getting any gas, could it be the pump is out. Or a relay gone bad(if there is a relay, i don't know where it is or which one it is.) I checked the fuel line i.e. disconnected the fuel filter an turned the key. no gas. What is the EEC-iv and the PCM? OH! and i checked the reset button too. It's ok. And also it's an electronic fuel pump in the tank. Hope this info will help.

Old 01-06-08, 08:02 AM
M
This link may be of some help to you.

(http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm )

Note: A quick way, (if you haven't tried already) to determine if fuel, or spark problem, is to spray some WD 40, into opening of throttle body, and try to start. On a V-8 , a few seconds of spray, inside with throttle plate open, should tell you what you want to know. I find it safer and easier on the gasoline engine, than quick start. If it fires up & runs for a second or two, you've obviously got a fuel delivery problem. (Caution !! ) After you spray inside throttle body, release the throttle, & step back, before trying to start,in case of misfire, as an added precaution, as I'm sure you already know.

Old 01-06-08, 11:59 AM
E
Originally Posted by Mike.B
This link may be of some help to you.

(http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm )

Note: A quick way, (if you haven't tried already) to determine if fuel, or spark problem, is to spray some WD 40, into opening of throttle body, and try to start. On a V-8 , a few seconds of spray, inside with throttle plate open, should tell you what you want to know. I find it safer and easier on the gasoline engine, than quick start. If it fires up & runs for a second or two, you've obviously got a fuel delivery problem. (Caution !! ) After you spray inside throttle body, release the throttle, & step back, before trying to start,in case of misfire, as an added precaution, as I'm sure you already know.
Thanks MIKE, I tried it out, but i used sea foam and it turns over a bit. I'm praying it's some kind of relay that i can change.

Old 01-08-08, 08:57 PM
E
still confused! 95' f150

does anyone know if there is a relay for the fuel pump? i've changed the fuel filter,spark plugs & wires and rotor and distro. cap. now i'm taking out the fuel pump. i'm praying thats the problem. And does the reset button stays pushed in or is it suppose to be out?

Old 01-09-08, 06:31 AM
M
Check this link to autozone. http://www.autozone.com/Ntt,fuel%20p...allResults.htm

As far as your reset button, I'm assuming you found one. If you check for power on both sides with a test light it should tell you, no ?

Old 01-09-08, 10:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not sure on the newer F150's, but my '92 had an intertia switch in the passenger side panel. If the vehicle experienced a sudden impact, it would shut off the fuel supply and have to be reset. 4-wheeling supplies such impacts, just in case you've been there.

Old 01-09-08, 12:12 PM
A
check the fuses first
than you need to check for power at the pump if no power than and fuses are all good than try relay under the hood you could also check for power there also if you have power there and not at the pump than i would say it could be wiring to the pump

******"Merged Posts Reason Same Topic"********

Old 01-11-08, 11:38 PM
E
thanks autodoc

Originally Posted by AutoDoc
check the fuses first
than you need to check for power at the pump if no power than and fuses are all good than try relay under the hood you could also check for power there also if you have power there and not at the pump than i would say it could be wiring to the pump

******"Merged Posts Reason Same Topic"********
thanks for the info AUTODOC. i'm assuming it's the pump cause i checked the the power at the pump and it's all good, but i'll let you know how it goes when i install the new pump. and i also picked up the eec tester. thanks 4 your helpful advice. i'll keep in touch with the issue. Mahalo 4 your help!

Old 01-12-08, 12:00 AM
E
found da switch.

Originally Posted by chandler
Not sure on the newer F150's, but my '92 had an intertia switch in the passenger side panel. If the vehicle experienced a sudden impact, it would shut off the fuel supply and have to be reset. 4-wheeling supplies such impacts, just in case you've been there.
thanks for the note. i've located the switch, it's all good. the power runs all the way to the pump. so i'm going to change the pump and see what happens after that. i'll keep in touch with what happens. thanks again CHANDLER!

Old 01-12-08, 12:07 AM
E
thanks again mike b.

Originally Posted by Mike.B
Check this link to autozone. http://www.autozone.com/Ntt,fuel%20p...allResults.htm

As far as your reset button, I'm assuming you found one. If you check for power on both sides with a test light it should tell you, no ?
i've checked the reset button and got an ok. there's power going through the lines to the tank. i'm going to try an change the pump and see what happens. i'l keep in touch with you on what goes on from there. much mahalo MIKE B.

Old 01-12-08, 05:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
Just curious, but nobody mentioned the "ear" test; listen at the filler when the key is turned on. Can you hear the pump humming or doing anything?

Old 01-13-08, 09:50 PM
E
good idea

Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
Just curious, but nobody mentioned the "ear" test; listen at the filler when the key is turned on. Can you hear the pump humming or doing anything?
i tried this idea and theres no noise. i tested the pins at the pump and there is power at the pins. i'm assuming it's the pump. i'll try and change the pump and see what happens. thanks for the info. mahalo!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: