Toilet Replacement Problem

Old 04-14-08, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet Replacement Problem

I have a 2001 Prowler 5th Wheel. A leak developed and the bathroom floor rotted in places. I decided to go ahead and replace the flooring but after removing the toilet I have attempted to remove the flange from the tank with no success. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Not sure if it screws in or just presses in place.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-08, 06:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Haven't the foggiest. But I will say this: You are in good company - with houses. Most people leave existing flanges if they are good, because they are hard to replace.

When redoing the floor under the flange, you then have to cut the flooring in halves, the way the old Pilgrim "stocks" were, so that each rounded half can slide under the flange. Good idea IF the flange needs to be supported. In your particular case, for all I might not know, the flange might be welded/bolted to a rigid steel tank, or something.

But anyway, if you feel the need to support the flange, just remember the trick to do the floor in halves under the flange so you can rescrew the flange into the floor.

Old 04-16-08, 05:26 PM
If you can see whether the pipe going into the tank flange, has a yellowish (ABS glue ) or possibly a white sticky looking sealant, which usually indicates it's threaded into the tank flange. Sometimes they would glue them together, other times you could see a white sealant. If it's white, I usually take a large pair of channel lock pliers, flip the handles downward and wedge them in to the slots in the floor flange, and use a bar in between the handles to try & turn it out. If no luck that way, pry under the floor flange, and lift it as far as you can without cracking the tank flange, as the tank will flex a little to allow that to come upward, and use a hacksaw to cut it off as close to the bottom of current flange as you can, and glue a new one on after. You might want to wear gloves if your not already, to save skinning knuckles on floor due to tight tolerance to work with. I've had some where i had to reach above the tank, from underneath, to cut the pipe.( very limited access usually too) . If you decide to go that route, undo screws or bolts/brackets holding the tank up, and it will drop down enough to give you a little more room to work. Yah, it's a pain, but sometimes necessary.