Adhesive removal

Old 04-23-08, 02:10 PM
Question Adhesive removal

My husband and I are working on our motorhome and we have removed the wallpaper in the bedroom and bathroom that was applied when new. The wallpaper was hanging in places and we used a heat gun to remove the rest. The walls are wood but now have a coating of adhesive that we have tried to use adhesive remover, acetone and paint thinner on and all it does is roll up into a ball and remains sticky. Does anyone know what we can use to get the adhesive off of the wood that will make our job easier? We are undecided what we will do with the walls once cleaned up, but they have to be cleaned before we can make a choice! Any help is appreciated.

denise

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-08, 03:17 PM
That glue will be a pain that's for sure. Only thing that comes to mind is steam. You can rent a steam cleaner, which will heat it up and make it easier to wipe off. Good Luck. Steam then use a scraper right behind it while it's still hot.

Old 04-24-08, 06:06 AM
Thanks Mike. I had a feeling that it would be lots of elbow grease but thought I would try for something easier if it was out there.

Old 04-25-08, 04:26 PM
Just thinking, try a shot of oven cleaner in an area & see what happens.

Old 04-30-08, 11:12 AM
New here but have a couple thoughts. . .

Hello Denise,
After removing stickers from plastics and glass I remove the gummy residue with goo-gone and then I would wipe down the walls with tsp to prep them for the treatment you chose. Good Luck
Andrea

Last edited by Haymomy; 04-30-08 at 11:15 AM. Reason: sp errors