1997 Ford f150 Fan Motor

Old 05-05-08, 04:54 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1997 Ford f150 Fan Motor

Anyone have a clue as to why the blower stays on the Floor/Defrost setting no matter wher I set the switch?

Old 05-05-08, 07:33 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I think maybe the control is vacuum and the hose to it is leaking. Have to pull the control out of the dash and checkthe small black vacuum hose. Looks about the size of a 10 gauge wire.

Old 05-05-08, 05:02 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
On another make of vehicle, I found MY same problem with a broken vacuum line (mine was thin tubular plastic) that got brittle at the fitting, as it teed off the brake booster in the engine compartment. Engine vacuum has to originate with the engine, and it may be easier to look under the hood first, IMO. When I repaired it there, that fixed her up.

Old 05-06-08, 08:31 AM
A
i beleave that year ford had a blend door motor that when you moved the switch the motor open and close the door
i have sen lots of bad motor and many broken doors the motor is on the pasanger side between the heater box and the fender if you see this motor you can remove it and try and see if it works when you move the switch if so look inside where it mounts you may see that the door is broken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: