Toyota elec. fuel pump

Old 05-23-08, 04:25 PM
Toyota elec. fuel pump

1991 Toyota Pickup Dlx 4cyl 4x4, club cab; getting ready to change fuel pump in gas tank.. Since this truck is old, expecting maybe metal fuel lines may be rusted bad, if fuel lines need replaced: Question; Is best way to replace lines to get parts from dealer? or is it more cost effective, to splice out with high pressure gasoline rated rubber lines
(fuel filter just changed in last 4 months)

also: any suggestions for best spark plug to install in truck like this? (never had toyota in the family before)

thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-08, 04:35 AM
I'd highly recommend use Toyota Fuel line(sending unit housing) and be done with it.

I'm talking from experience here. My 88 Toy v6 has a small fuel leak at the outlet line right on top of fuel tank/pump. I removed the rusted section of the leak and replace it with high pressure hose, the problem is back few weeks later and rendered my truck on the side of the road, the rest of the line that attachs to the tank gave up and gas pumps out all over the road, one little spark could send me to somewhere else. I ended up replaced a complete fuel tank.

I have good luck with NGK plugs, my truck now has alittle over 200K miles and stills going.