33' Travel Trailer Skylight leak

Old 06-17-08, 07:21 PM
Cool 33' Travel Trailer Skylight leak

Hi, I bought a 1985 33' Citation travel trailer last year and the skylight over the kitchen table started leaking a couple of weeks ago. I took a look at the roof and it's got something that looks like black felt across the top of it. Does anyone know how I can fix this leak? I know absolutely nothing about trailers. It looks like it may be running through the ceiling and down the wall of the front of my trailer by the window. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-08, 05:32 PM
Do you have a rubber like roof (white) or is it metal roof? The outer cover of the skylight should have caulking of some type around the perimeter to prevent leaks, I take it that's where your seeing the felt like tape or whatever?

Old 06-20-08, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure is the roof is rubber or metal. My brother-in-law thinks it's metal. That felt looking stuff is all over the roof. The trailer is on my land in Maine and I live in Mass. I'm going to try to get up there tomorrow to really have a good look at it. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for your help. Jeanne