Fuel gauge in 92 Blazer quit

Old 07-28-08, 05:30 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fuel gauge in 92 Blazer quit

I have a 92 S-10 Blazer. Hauled a load of dry cement to return to Lowes. It was 17 bags @ 60lbs. each. (Did I overload the Blazer?)After I unloaded the fuel gauge went to full, knowing I didn't have that much gas, I knew something was wrong. From the squatting of the vehicle did the float in the tank get stuck or did it cause an electrical failure in the gauge? I'm not sure if I will need to drop the tank, or if it may be something a little simpler( though no mechanic work can ever really be simple, ha ha). Thanks for any help you all can give!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-08, 05:52 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I guess I'd start by putting some more gas in it to see if that will jog anything float wise, just in case something weird happened in the tank. Next I'd get under there and try to follow wire harness to & from tank area & look for a possible broken or pinched wire. If you can't get your hand above tank, maybe try loosening the straps, rather than removing the tank, to see if you can get any access to harness & sending unit/pump assy, where harness etc is attached. Maybe a mirror & a light will let you see what you need to. I'd be looking for a broken ground strap or wire in that area. ?