95 Dodge Ram 1500 Electrical problem

Old 10-11-08, 05:22 PM
Question 95 Dodge Ram 1500 Electrical problem

I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9, auto, ac, pw,pdl, pm. I took possession of this truck recently. It has sat for 5 years without use. Upon getting it roadworthy, I turned on the headlights to discover that the rear signals whether I used the right or left or the flashers would blink boths lights dimly and slowly. Also, the rear running lights would not work at all. This also happens if I have the healights off and I put the truck in reverse. If I don't turn the signals or flashers on, the rear running lights work, but they are dim. Is there a chassis ground somewhere in the wiring harness that is faulty that could be causing this? The front half of the lighting system works fine.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-08, 06:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yes, definetly sounds like a grounding problem. You will have to start at the tail lights and start working your way forward. Pay particular attention to the plugs where they usually connect into one harness.

Old 10-14-08, 07:58 AM
also chec that proper bulbs are installed it wouldent be the first time i sawthat happen

Old 10-17-08, 04:46 AM
I am using 95 Dodge ram last 2 years some electric problems created there. I have installed a new battery. I wacked the relay B while my wife held the ground cable on the battery and POOF it stopped turning over
Now I was trying to drain the fuel out of the tank and the fuel pump is not pumping fuel.
I replaced the pump about 4-5 years ago, but only about 2500 miles.
I will try and do the pump test in the manual, but I have no power to the pump. I checked the fuses in the fuse box on the left side of the bike and all fuses are good. BUT one fuse has no power to it at all and it is marked "parking" but all the lights seem to work.

Removed links no advertising!!!

Last edited by AutoDoc; 10-17-08 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Removed links no advertising