2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Keyless Remote

Old 12-01-08, 09:35 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Keyless Remote

Good Morning -

I purchased an 05 Dodge Ram 1500 a few months back. When we settled on a price and had paperwork complete they gave me the keys. When I asked for the keyless remotes they told me they must have been lost by the previous owner or the model wasn't equipt with keyless entry.

I have found that the truck IS equipt with keyless entry.

They dealership refused to "cut me a deal" on new remotes.

I have found cheap remotes on ebay but have a question on programming. I have been told that I can do it with programming instructions. I have also been told that a dealership will need to use a computer to program the new remote.

Does anyone know if I really need to give the dealership over $100 bucks to program a new remote? Remember - As of now I have NO remotes.

Thanks very much in advance for any guidance.

Old 12-01-08, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Theres a few Dodge folks on here..prob at work right now. Give 'em time.

Old 12-01-08, 10:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I went thru this 2 years ago on my 05 RAM. DO NOT BUY THE CHEAP EBAY REMOTES. I did, cost me $50 or so and it never worked. You will have to take the remote to a locksmith and pay to have it cut and programmed and if it doesn't work, you're out the dough cause they will blame it on the blank (and it probably is the problem).

Trust me, you are money ahead to just pay the dealer for the $100 key blank, key cutting, and the $25 programming.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: