2000 chevy pickup transfer case

Old 12-10-08, 06:57 PM
2000 chevy pickup transfer case

How do I find out which transfer case is in my truck? Is it possible to change a transfer case alone? Any experience with rebuilt transfer case over used as a replacement?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-08, 09:28 PM
call the dealer and see if the vin will tell that I think they can tell you which transfer case is in it from the vin. yes you can change the transfer case with out changing the transmission, most of the time with out pulling the transmission just the driveshafts and the transmission mount, never needed to change out a transfer case alone.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 08-03-11, 03:08 AM
Used transfer cases on these year model trucks will normally not outlast a rebuilt one because of the fact that the most common reason they need to be rebuilt is from a stretched chain and replacing it plus new seals will normally last as long as new one. I've rebuilt many at sabine mining where i work the only problem is the chains themselves cost over 300 but they're fairly simple to rebuild

Old 08-03-11, 04:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
HullinZ71, welcome to the forums. I would hope in 3 years they got their problem fixed, or traded cars. Not a current post.