86 Pace Arrow need of ceiling repair

Old 01-02-09, 06:34 AM
Question 86 Pace Arrow need of ceiling repair

Been searching for a good used motorhome that is in our price range. We did find a 1986 pace arrow that from the outside looks ok and has the things we wanted such as low mile, air, awning, and generator but once we looked on the inside it was pretty rough. You could see water damage in the ceiling but that it wasn't bad until you opened the cabnet doors and the ceiling had fallen and was dry rotted. Also looks to have leaks around the window or it could be coming from the roof down the side walls not sure because it is tarped over for the winter right now and it is nearly impossiable to get a good look at it. The unit books at the low end for $4500 and the guy is was asking $3000 but has come down to $2000 now. I'm not sure if it is savable. I realize it could be a great undertaking and I don't mind if I have to replace the ceiling panels and cover the roof but some things I have read about rv ceiling replacement involves removing the whole roof and that isn't something I want to get into. Another thing that worries me is how bad the damage is to the framing in the ceiling and struckture of the unit. What are your thoughts? Is this something that could be done or is it someones elses headache that is better left to a professional?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-09, 09:11 AM
RV ceiling

Its pretty hard to answer something like this because you wont know the extent of the damage till you tear in to it. There are two ways to replace framing,gut the inside or take the skin off. Either way you are lookin at a big job. The lumber used in framing these things wont stand up to moisture so it could be gone clear down to the frame.

Old 01-02-09, 06:02 PM
i agree with retired wrench it will be very labor intensive/spendy