94 Toyota Truck heater problem

Old 01-10-09, 01:54 PM
94 Toyota Truck heater problem

Hey everyone, I have a 1994 Toyota Truck (4 Cyl) with 193,000 miles. The truck runs fine but when I turn the heater on the truck starts to overheat. Once I turn the heater off, or turn the temp back to cold the truck goes back to running at it's normal temperature. I have no clue what the problem is. Just for the record, the trucks thermostat and radiator were replaced about 6 months ago.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-09, 07:12 PM
you have a ground problem in your dash, the heater pulls air through a small radiator, it will not cause overheating. what is happening is your guage is getting a false signal.

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

Old 01-12-09, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the help speedwrench, is the ground problem an easy fix?? I'm not to concerned with it now that I know the truck isn't overheating, but I would like to get the temp gauge working correctly at some point.

Old 01-12-09, 08:04 PM
should be relatively easy the hard part is finding the clearance under the dash and the proper wire. if i remember correctly Toys have a central ground point under the dash what is usually the best is to check all grounds chassie as well as engine then work to the dash area pull each off and wire brush each connector as well as the spot each is fastened to.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies