Ford Econoline neutral safety switch or starter relay needs replaced PLZ HELP!!!

Old 01-10-09, 03:50 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ford Econoline neutral safety switch or starter relay needs replaced PLZ HELP!!!

Ok, so I work at an ambulance company and we have this wheelchair van that is a Ford E250 Econoline 5.4L EFI that takes gasoline. It does not start. All battery operated controls inside the vehicle work, but the engine will just not turn over. We called a starter place and he says the starter is in working order. He gets it started, but the van still doesn't work. So he says it's probably the starter relay, the neutral safety switch, or the ignition switch. Now there is an employee who knows about vehicles and he says it's not the ignition switch cause we'd have problems with the lights not turning on. So we take out the starter relay and ask Auto Zone what's going on with it. They just tell us, "We don't carry that part you're going to have to go somewhere else." Honestly, I just want to get the darn thing fixed! I'm tired of dealing with it! So please someone help me! Oh and by the way, I know NOTHING about vehicles!!!

Old 01-10-09, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
it could be the ingnition switch, but try placing the shifter in neutral and attempting to start. if it starts then yes neutral switch, or adjustment of shifter. how did the starter place come to decide the starter was good? test it? autozone does carry starter solinoids what year is the van? last have the fusible links checked for the solinoid also. for any better help we will need the year of the van.

are you going to cowboy up or just lay there and bleed?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: