Still can't get my truck started

Old 03-05-09, 08:40 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Still can't get my truck started

1988 Ford F150 5.8

Battery, altenator, solenoid ,starter, wires, plugs, dist carp & rotor, elec module, relays, and fuses all good.

Fuel pumps, filter, sending unit, working.

Truck is fuel injection. When trying to start the truck, I can spray starting fluid into the manifold to get it to kick over, but only for seconds. With the starting fluid.

Checked the valve stem on the rail that shows good fuel pressure to the ejectors, but the spark plugs still seem to be dry as if no fuel is reaching the plugs.

Could it be my ejectors? If one is bad, will it keep the truck from starting? If you replace one, should you replace all of them?

I've never been good with fuel injection. This truck just decided not to start one day.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-09, 05:29 AM
B
have you checked for injector pulse may require a noid light but some test lights are capable of checking for pulse would try checking injector pulse with engine cranking over.
if you do have a test light might check for power at the injectors with the key on.
might also check your neg cable to make sure all wires are hooked up the small ground wire is important to the computers function if it breaks it will cause a no start.
if all that checks out ok what is your fuel pressure are you checking it with a guage?

Old 03-06-09, 12:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 45 Posts
You've pulled a spark plug and checked for good spark, right?

And I would echo bejay's question on checking for actual output pressure on the fuel.

Old 03-06-09, 04:49 PM
G
have you checked the crank sensor yet?