Utility Trailer Lights?

Old 03-21-09, 07:15 PM
Thumbs up Utility Trailer Lights?

My trailer lights work but the tail light on the right stays really bright and when I turn the right turn signal on you can't see it because the tail light is so bright,but the left tail and turn light is fine. Can anyone help me out this is a new trailer. Thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-09, 08:59 PM
would start by checking the bulb or swap bulbs to see if it moves to the other side if its still the same, suspect that it may be wired wrong and the wires need swapped at that light.
if its a new trailer and you just bought you might take it back to have them repair it.

Old 03-22-09, 05:48 AM
Thank you much for the reply, we'll try that

Old 03-22-09, 07:32 AM
I fixed it, Thanks alot the two wires going into the light were switched, I switched them and wala it worked

Old 04-16-09, 05:59 PM
Help on wiring small boat trailer

I have a small boat trailer ...it has 3 wire Black green red harness...anyone know which color usually goes to what ?

Old 04-16-09, 06:44 PM
Those aren't standard trailer wire color codes. You'll have to use a test lite back where those wires hook to the lite wires. Standard trailer lite color codes are: brown= tail/marker, green= right turn/brake lite, yellow= left turn/brake lite, white= ground.
HTH,
Mike