Which one is EEC relay?

Old 04-09-09, 12:57 PM
Which one is EEC relay?

I have a 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. There is a green , brown, and black relay under the power distribution box. I have already changed out the fuel and AC relays. Can someone tell me which one is the EEC relay? It's a very old one, and I want to replace it since it's so cheap.

By the way, the no-start problem from my previous posting was a bad fuel pump like Marbobj said.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-09, 06:44 PM
EEC I believe was gray ......Provided it is Original.

It will be in a black plastic housing, Either on the right side fender, or Secured to the Power distribution center.

Old 04-10-09, 07:34 AM
Yes, it is in a plastic chamber attached to the power ditribution box on the right fender. I'll check thanks

Old 04-10-09, 07:59 AM
the original eec relay was brown in color however if its been changed it may be any color as they are often replaced with a more universal relay but the connector should be brown.

Old 04-11-09, 08:40 AM
ok, thanks. When you say brown, do you mean the relay itself or the little plastic receptacle that contains it?

Old 04-12-09, 07:34 AM
im reffering to the relay itself if original, an aftermarket brand could very well be gray or black but the connector plugin should still be brown even if the relay has been changed.