Troubleshooting 3-way camping refrigerator

Old 04-30-09, 12:18 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Troubleshooting 3-way camping refrigerator

Getting reading to go camping, checking out my camper 3-way refrigerator. It is a small Domestic Corp single door fridge, designed to run on 120V, 12V or propane. Works fine on electricity, but when I attempted to light the propane heater, it would not light.

I disassembled and cleaned the burner/jet with compressed air. It was clogged, but looks OK now. Now it lights but the flame flares up way too high, and risks setting the whole camper on fire. Turning the knob seems to affect the flame, but it quickly goes from no flame to way excess flame.

What have I missed? Could the regulator valve be defective, or do I have something simple and obvious I am overlooking.

Cheers,
Nathan

Old 05-02-09, 05:57 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
frige

Try one of your other gas appliances to see if they work OK. This will tell you if the main regulator is defective. If they are OK its probably in your gas valve. I hope air is all you ran thru the orface as anything like wire will ruin it.

Old 05-11-09, 06:23 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Are you sure you didn't blow burner orifice right out & now you have no fuel regulation at burner.? Be careful, it's happened before if your not sure. Very dangerous. Also, get model number & serial number off fridge & go to (dometicusa) or stop at a dealer and check for any recalls as there have been some related to that problem lately.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: