Herculiner roll-on bed liner?

Old 06-15-09, 04:03 PM
Herculiner roll-on bed liner?

Has anyone ever used this stuff? How does it hold up over time? Will one coat do a full size (6 ft) bed? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-09, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
It may..I've seen posts of good results. Prep is everything. You'd have to look at the instructions to check on coverage. Couple of guys I know used it..it was ok..but it didn't look all that great..application technique I'm sure.

Personally I think the Line-X spray-in is the best around! I liked the texture better than the Rhino, though it does kinda fade/bleach out, where the Rhino doesn't (that I've seen). Not cheap..but worth it I think.

Yeah I know, I didn't really use it..but I've seen it.

Old 06-15-09, 08:06 PM
i dont know abuot hurculiner. I have had expierience with duplicolors bedliner and it is simply awsome. a gallon will cover the bed but buy another gallon and do a second coat. the first one will be decently thick but you are going to want it alittle thicker. trust me.

have fun

Old 06-16-09, 02:46 AM
Where did you buy the DupliColor? I've bought their other products (paints) from AutoZone, but AutoZone is where I found the Herculiner. I haven't seen the DupliColor. How much is a gallon of DC? The Herculiner is about $89. Thanks!

Old 06-16-09, 03:57 AM
I have seen the Dupli-Color at Wal-Mart, but I have not used it.

Old 06-16-09, 04:03 AM
Whatever you put that stuff on be SURE you want it covered forever! I am re-working a Chevy ElCamino with the duplicolor liner in it, not very well done, but tenacious none the less even a sand blaster will not remove it.

Old 06-22-09, 05:46 PM
I have used Herculiner several times, and have become better at applying it the more times I use it. The key is prepping well - I would recommend something with more 'bite' than the steel wool that's given in the kit. 60 grit sandpaper works much better, since you need to be sure to remove all clear coat from the surface - any shiny paint will cause the Herculiner to flake off in a couple months.
Also, some 'fine-line' vinyl tape works well for making a clean mask - and make sure not to get the stuff anywhere you don't want it. It is very sticky - it will not come out of clothes - and must be wiped off any painted surface where you don't want it immediately. Once it dries, it's pretty much permanent.
It will fade with exposure to the sun, and the dark gloss will fade to more of a matte black in under a year. Herculiner does make a UV protectant, but I haven't tried it. The faded liner still looks good if parts haven't flaked off (due to poor prep). The nice thing with Herculiner is that if you ever gouge it, you can get a quart can and touch it up - the new stuff will fade in and match the rest in a month or so - and it is easy to re-coat.
I agree with the other post that really two gallons are better to make a nice thick coat on a 6 foot bed.