05' dodge ram 5.7 hemi,got code po430

Old 06-19-09, 04:36 PM
Question 05' dodge ram 5.7 hemi,got code po430

i did some looking around and i am getting this answer, catalyst system efficency below threshold bank 2, so im not sure what this is, some are saying its an o2 sensor and some are saying the cat convert might just be bad, so im at a cross roads cause i would like to Doit myself, i got under there and i see every thing, just not sure wich thing i should rip out, please help.....

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-09, 10:06 PM
You will get that code off the o2 sensor located AFTER the cat on the rh (pass side)
fed standerds require any emmision hard parts like a cat be covered by the dealer from 5 to 7 years even if your not the orig purchaser of the vehical. The cat doesn't just die It gets killed by other problems since you have no drivabuilty issues mentioned I'd go after that o2 first you will have to have the code left alone after the repair if this is causing you emmisions issues (failing smog test) till the drive in cycle if thats not an issue clear the code

Old 07-11-09, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by Maniac Mechanic View Post
fed standerds require any emmision hard parts like a cat be covered by the dealer from 5 to 7 years even if your not the orig purchaser of the vehical.

Mileage on the vehicle??????Federal emmissions warranty is 8yr/80k.

I wouldnt go as far as "HARD PARTS".....Only PCM and CATs are covered, and Chrysler can (and Probably will) refuse to service these items until they are proven to be defective, and the root cause of the failure determined and corrected.

O2's are cheap compared to a cat, so replace the 2 "POST-CAT" o2's and try it.....I personally wouldnt leave an old o2 sensor in a new cat, so if the sensors dont fix it , youre already ahead of schedule when the cat goes in.