can't read the codes

Old 06-20-09, 07:43 PM
can't read the codes

1994 chevorlet 454 engine running rough, check engine light on all the time. ALDL has no wire connected to terminal A. I tried shorting all the terminals to ground one at a time, no result I can not get the check engine light to display code 12 or any other code. What do I do now?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-09, 09:11 PM
nap
there were some ******* systems out there. I had heard them termed OBD 1 1/2. The only folks that I know of that could read them were the dealers. They had special programs for their code readers to be able to do this.

Not sure you have one but if I remember correctly, they were right around the year you have and the terminal connection problem was one of the things that clued one to the odd configuration.

Old 06-21-09, 07:43 AM
Thank you

Originally Posted by nap View Post
there were some ******* systems out there. I had heard them termed OBD 1 1/2. The only folks that I know of that could read them were the dealers. They had special programs for their code readers to be able to do this.

Not sure you have one but if I remember correctly, they were right around the year you have and the terminal connection problem was one of the things that clued one to the odd configuration.
Thanks a lot, that explains things.