1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.4 hard start

Old 08-16-09, 06:43 PM
1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.4 hard start

I have 1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.4 very hard to start after it warms up and sits for a few minutes. I have changed out fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel regulator, plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotar button. I had the ignition module check, it was Ok. It cranks right up when engine is cold, but after you drive and park it for 10-15 minutes and then try to crank it is very difficult to start. HELP!!!! I was told it could be ignition coil but I don't know how to check it. Any suggestions will be very appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-09, 07:07 PM
When did you get the hard start?

After you replaced what, did the hard start begin, or did it begin the symptoms and you replaced everything. Give us a detailed sequence of events from the first thing you replaced and when exactly the hard start began.

Old 08-16-09, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't have changed the pump and regulator until you had a pressure check on the rail that pointed toward a fault in the fuel system.

The ignition components and fuel filter could be be written off as normal maintenance items, though.

I would say the coil could be suspect if you're getting a no start, but my first thoughts would be a leaking at the injectors. This would be especially if you could get it started and it ran reasonably well.

Old 08-17-09, 06:25 PM
Also how many miles on it? Whenever I hear of a driveability prob I either recommend or use it myself.....BG44K. Get it at any dealership and drive it for a tank and see what happens.

I've seen this stuff clean up some pretty rough running engines.