mazda truck electric window

Old 08-24-09, 12:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy mazda truck electric window

1997 B4000 SE, 185K, original owner

Problem 1: About 2 years ago, I noticed that the passenger side window switch no longer worked, although the window works fine from the driver's side.

Problem 2: Now, this morning, the passenger window doesn't quite close all the way--it chatters and struggles, and then quits anywhere from 1/4" to 1" from the top. And of course the rainy season has started again....

Problem 3: My remote/keyless entry quit working about 2 years ago. No problem at the time because I was working days in a "safe" neighborhood. Now I'm working nights in a scary place, and I'd really like to get this fixed. I replaced the battery in each of the two "clickers" I received when I bought the truck--but no go.

I have ordered a Chilton manual, but your additional tips and tricks are appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-09, 06:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mazda

Thee first is it likely needs a new switch in the passenger door.
The second is the window run channel is worn leaving only the rubber base to contact the glass, you can either replace the run channel before the lifter and guide assys. are also worn out if not already done or you can apply a substance called syl-glide.
It's a silicone based grease clear to the eye that allows glass to slide easily on worn seals. Don't apply it to the horizontal surfaces as it will smear and be a pain in the butt.
The third, get a mechanic