2000 s10 problem

Old 08-26-09, 06:23 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2000 s10 problem

Hello all,

For some time now I have been having a problem with my 2000 Chevy S10 ZR2 with a 4.3. For the first 30 seconds or so on driving it has a hesitation and very little power. After about 20 to 30 seconds of driving the problem goes away and everything runs fine. I do not get any codes or alarms. If I stop the engine and start it back up within a hour everything is fine, but if I wait longer, say overnight, the problem is still there, hot or cold outside, its there.

So I bought a scanner with real time data and noticed that the engine timing during the hesitation was very low. It is about 4.5 to 6 when you first start the engine and idle. Once you start to accelerate the timing slowly rises and when it reaches 25 to 30 the problem seems to go away. And every accerleration after that it stays above 30 or so.

So here is my question. I know the computer controls the timing, but is there still some type of mechancal or vacuum advance? Could there be something sticking preventing the timing from advancing until it "unsticks"? I plan on tearing into this tomorrow and any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance, mrt19

Old 08-28-09, 07:03 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It seems I answered this question in another forumunder the car section.
Bill

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: