97 dodge dakota

Old 10-02-09, 01:20 PM
Question 97 dodge dakota

How do I adjust the driver door so it closes without rising up? I think the hinges can be adjusted. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-09, 01:24 PM
Help with door hinge.How do I adjust the driver door so it closes without rising up?

Old 10-02-09, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Its only been 4 minutes since your first post....no reason to post twice.

Have you checked Autozone.com? Log in, enter the vehicle info and look at repair guides...they have procedures there...

If the gap is good around the door compared to the other panels..then you may need to adjust the latch.

Old 10-02-09, 04:38 PM
If you wan't it done right,, remove the door & replace the worn hinge pins & bushings... With the door only slightly open,, grab the open end of it & lift it up & down,, Does it move??? All the adjustment in the world won't fix worn pins & bushings.... Roger

Old 10-02-09, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
True what hopkins said. I just spent a day and a half getting my wifes nephews POS truck door to work 1/2 a$$ed. Welded on hinges (what a great idea that is...not!) and bushings that weren't available anymore. Had to make new bushings out of brass pipe by machining them down by chucking them in my drill and clogging 3-4 files. No adjustment in the hinges or latch...what a great design from the 90's...

Old 10-03-09, 09:55 PM
'I'-am a ford guy.
but 'i' have seen the 'body repair'guys use a tool-that latches,on the body mounted latch pin,& alslo latches into the dood lock/latch(go find a customer friendly/probaly-older- techs-will have these tools.)
the actual-workring mechanisumis only about 3-4 "long-but is attatched to a 3-4' bar.
so-when you close the door latch,on the tool,& it is hooked over the striker pin-it gives you great leverage-to actually 'bend' the door hinge mounting flanges,
to align 'welded' door hinges.
mighht help with-'slightly'-worn hinge bushings

hope-i have been of 'some'help