RV Thermostat Cycles to fast

Old 10-08-09, 10:37 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RV Thermostat Cycles to fast

I Have a 12 volt powered RobertShaw thermostat D87005. It is very basic and controls my propane furnace in a 20' RV. I am having issues with it because it cycles very fast. It will turn the heater on which will run for about 2 minutes and then it turns off for a few minutes and then back on again. Are there any controls that should be able to slow the cycle rate down? The thermostat is not located near a heat duct.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
markschm

Old 10-08-09, 11:21 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
There should be a temperature differential setting. Check your instructions. If you cannot find the book, they may be on the inside of the cover. Give it a few degrees of differential and you should reduce the cycling. You can also post your question in the thermostat sub section of the heating and cooling section of the forums.

Old 10-08-09, 02:34 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Got your PM but it's best to keep it on this site so others can see and hopefully contribute.
I could not find your model listed, but if you go to their site, you should be able to find a similar model, along with an instruction sheet. If all else fails, use their "contact us" page to get help from them,

Their web site is www.robertshaw.com

Old 10-15-09, 10:57 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
have you solved this yet?
Check your heat vents you will likely find that one is sending warm air right to the t-stat. It doesnt have to be to all that close to cause this. so it calls for heat, the blower comes on, the furnace lights, warm air starts blowing on the t-stat and presto in no time the t-stat sees that things have warmed up and shuts the furnace off. Things cool off fast and the whole process starts all over again.
Hapdad

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: