More help needed with heater core job!

Old 10-09-09, 11:05 AM
Question More help needed with heater core job!

Well I got to the heater core now I can't figure out how to disconnect the hoses from the air conditioner. I have tried searching this site as well as others and had printed off instructions for 97 F150. My problem last night was a single screw on the driver's side. Help, please.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-09, 11:37 AM
not sure what you mean!
are you trying to get the heater hoses off the heater core?
if so,it is complicated to explain.
they are quick disconnect/snap over a ridge on the tube.
might try - use a hacksaw blade-cut the tube off the old heater core.
pull tube to the engine compartment.! mark-with a piece of tape-whitch hose is to the out side.
squeez the white tabs -done correctly the tube pulls out.
do not loose the 0 rings & spacers-pay attention as to how it comes apart.put it back to gether with a little silicone paste.
the reassembled connector just pushes on to the new core.

Old 10-10-09, 07:49 PM
STOP,,STOP,, If you are trying to disconnect the A/C hoses,,, Take it to a pro with the special disconnect tools as you may be blinded by rapidly excaping refrigerent!!!! Roger

3 Posts on the same thing... I don't want him to miss this!!!

Old 10-10-09, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by hopkinsr2 View Post
STOP,,STOP,, If you are trying to disconnect the A/C hoses,,, Take it to a pro with the special disconnect tools as you may be blinded by rapidly excaping refrigerent!!!! Roger

3 Posts on the same thing... I don't want him to miss this!!!
he-has not replied-in a day or 2/-so,'we'do not know what hens trying to dissconnect!-?

Old 10-12-09, 06:12 PM
Thumbs up 1999 Heater Core

I would like to thank anybody who helped me with your advice and/or instructions to get this job done. It took the whole weekend and the next one will probably go to the garage. I will say the instructions for the 97 F150 are very close for the 99 and were a great help. Good timing as the weather has gotten winter like today.Also the reason I had asked about the air conditioner fittings is I never had a reason to be that up close and personal with the engine compartment before now as this is the first grief the truck has caused me so I was curious. Should anything go wrong with the air I guess I'll sell the truck.Thank you, again.

Old 12-10-09, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by JustforMe View Post
Well I got to the heater core now I can't figure out how to disconnect the hoses from the air conditioner. I have tried searching this site as well as others and had printed off instructions for 97 F150. My problem last night was a single screw on the driver's side. Help, please.
there is a special dicsonnect tool for removing the AC hoses, is is available at most auto supply stores, ask about saftey precautions as well .