Old 10-12-09, 09:20 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: hope b.c
Posts: 1

what are all the parts i need to convert points to electronic ignition on a 77 GMC vandura motor home (350)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-09, 10:02 PM
Speedwrench's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,698
you need a gm hei distributer, 77 model should have come with one. gm went to hei in about 75-76 if memory serves
that and a wiring diagram of the distributer new plug wires, when installing make sure that a small amount of dielectric grease is under the ignition module or it will die from overheating in about 3-6 months. it is a easy swap if you have some mech skills and a wiring diagram

murphy was an optimist
Old 10-13-09, 08:17 AM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: santa fe /texas
Posts: 998
'if' this vehicle has a 'points & condenser' type ignition, it will also have 'resistor 'wire in the harness - you will have to open the marness up that has the wire going to the coil.look for a white-insulation wraped wire 2' long(or so)-cut it out & splice/solder-a 14 ga wire back in.
when you obtain the 'hei' dist assy-try to get the connector that plugs into the dist cap-& as much of the wire as you can.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes