89 Mazda B2200 won't start.

Old 10-14-09, 08:51 PM
Unhappy 89 Mazda B2200 won't start.

I have a new problem. I just bought this truck, I just replaced the clutch first and tune up. plugs,wires,cap&roter,fule filter,ect.... and I cleaned the carburetor last. I have not driven this truck since I started working on it. I put everything back together and started the truck and it ran for about 30 seconds at high Idle so gave it some gas and it sputtered and died, and now it won't start. I'm thinking I got some vac hoses mix up. anyone know where I can get a good diagram of the connections of vac hoses?

Question: with the car off, looking down at the carburetor, I was engaging the gas(throttle cable?) but I didn't see any gas coming out; is that the problem? wouldn't I be able to see gas squirting out? cuz I didn't.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-09, 05:16 AM
Group Moderator
Yes, if you look down the carburetor throat while you pump the gas you should see the accellerator pump squirting gas. My guess is your carburetor bowl is empty, i.e. you have a fuel delivery problem. Fuel filter or fuel pump likely I would think.

Check autozone.com for diagrams; you'll have to register & log in, but they have some pretty good repair data.

Old 10-15-09, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=the_tow_guy;1634849]Yes, if you look down the carburetor throat while you pump the gas you should see the accellerator pump squirting gas. My guess is your carburetor bowl is empty, i.e. you have a fuel delivery problem. Fuel filter or fuel pump likely I would think.

Check autozone.com for diagrams; you'll have to register & log in, but they have some pretty good repair data.[/QU

Last edited by sphinxx187; 10-15-09 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-15-09, 04:40 PM
I'm getting smoke

went out and took the air cover off and looked around and I missed a vacuum hose, it just need to be plugged off. hooked the battery back up and fired up. now I'm getting a lot smoke from three hoses that connects onto the air cleaner assembly (air return?) I let it ran for about minute and shut it off. felt inside the 3 hoses and it was wet, not sure if it was oil or gas. I did just cleaned the carburetor, would that make it smoke?

Old 10-15-09, 06:32 PM
Make sure your oil is at the right level, then let it run a while. The smoke should clear up.