Silverado interior lights don't come on

Old 02-06-10, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Silverado interior lights don't come on

The interiorights of my 2005 Silverado P/U don't come on when the door opens. They turn on with the switch, and the door swith works to make the key reminder bell work.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-10, 08:50 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Does the switch have a position which locks out the lights when the door is opened?

If not, the door switch may be stuck in the closed door position or just be bad.

Old 02-06-10, 10:37 PM
That function is controlled by the body control module. There are two 15 amp fuses in the power dist box under the hood that supply power to the circut and module if one is blown (they both feed the body control module) this could cause that other wise you probably have a bad module or wiring issue with it. Does the radio turn off when you open the door if so that gives you a 99 percent chance the door switches are ok.

Old 02-07-10, 06:37 AM
Yeah, the radio goes off (key alarm goes off, too, so I'm sure it's not the door switches).

I'll check the fuses - if not, it's probably the module, huh?

Old 02-07-10, 08:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 73 Votes on 65 Posts
Check the dome override button that is next to the knob for the parking/head lights. You may have accidentally hit it.

Old 02-07-10, 02:56 PM
Or the wiring going to it your door switches report to it to tell it to cycle the on and fade off.When you hit the unlock on the key fob forgot to ask if all int lights don't work or just the dome. If the door lights work then your module will have a good chance of being not the problem as well and be in the circut out of the module to the dome lights.Believe it or not there is a 2 page wiring diagram for those (computer controls make things easier right) GM has it as locked info so I can't post it but can email it.
PM me and I can foward it to you.

Old 02-16-10, 03:58 PM
Did you check the program settings for Driver 1 or Driver 2? As I recall, you can defeat the interior lights from coming on when a door opens. See your owner's manual.