'06 GMC Sierra power lumbar not working.

Old 03-06-10, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
'06 GMC Sierra power lumbar not working.

My 2006 GMC Sierra has power adjustable seats, and yesterday I noticed the power lumbar support isn't working. When I press the button to increase or decrease the support, nothing happens to the adjustment, but I actually hear like a motor "running" if you will. It will go for a bit, then stop, depending on whether or not I'm trying to increase or decrease the support. It stops after a certain time, like it is reaching the end of a cycle, if you will. I'm hoping it's just a part I can replace, because my local dealer has an extremely bad reputation, and I won't go there unless I have absolutely no other choice. Any feedback or advice as to where else I can get help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-10, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You are correct there is a module and a hall effect switch that counts the revolutions of the motor to determine where the support is currently located at if your hearing the motor but no action that pretty much elim. the motor hall effect switch and module that leaves the unit itself. Probably a broken/stripped adjuster. Now the bad news that is sold as an assembly only (Motor and adjuster) you can't get just the support pieces and its a dealer item if you can find a wrecking yard that will part one from a damaged seat you can go that route.Good news is you don't have to replace the seat to repair this
Good Luck