Need wiring schematic for Skamper Camper

Old 03-10-10, 08:10 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Need wiring schematic for Skamper Camper

I just bought a 1995 Skamper Truck Camper and am trying to find the problem in my marker lights not working. I really need the wiring schematics for it, but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of the wiring online? I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-10, 01:12 PM
W
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
Marker Lights

Have you checked for corrosion where the bulbs insert into the light socket?

The marker lights should be on when the tail lights/head lights are on.

Old 03-10-10, 02:09 PM
J
Originally Posted by Wirepuller38 View Post
Have you checked for corrosion where the bulbs insert into the light socket?

The marker lights should be on when the tail lights/head lights are on.
Yes, my husband and I have checked all the bulbs, sockets, etc. It's definitely in the wiring somewhere. (The wiring's a bit old) I've been trying to find a wiring diagram for that year Skamper, but haven't had any luck.

Old 03-20-10, 06:48 PM
M
When we run into many the same at our dealership, we work from front and around one side then the back, then back up the other side. Use a 12 volt test light or similar, and start pulling one after the other, out, and check for 12 volts +, if it's there, then it's a ground problem. Are any of them working? If yes,start at one on either side of the one that's working, then the other side as well. It's quite often one continuous connection all way around.

Old 04-08-10, 12:35 AM
J
There are 4 things necessary for it to start: fuel(at the carb/FI), fire(at the plug), compression and timing. If there is fire at the plugs then that is eliminated. If you sprayed starting fluid in the carb(I am presuming it is carburated) then that eliminates the fuel. If you check the compression that will eliminate that part(minimum of 90psi). That only leaves timing. Start from square one and check the timing.#1 cyl. on TDC(on compression stroke), timing mark on pointer aligned, dist. on #1 plug wire terminal. That should put you in the ball park if all is well. A 4 cyl. will, in my experience, not fire and run on 3 cyl.. Make sure you have fire at ALL 4 plygs. The fire at the plug should be HOT!! Blue spark