Propane Regulator shot?

Old 03-22-10, 04:40 PM
Propane Regulator shot?

Well I just picked up an old and slightly weathered tent trailer.. I has a 2 burner stove and a furnace.. in which the furnace I dont care too much about. But I connected up my 20lb propane tank to one line.. and soon as I open it the pressure regulator vents all propane... Does that mean the disc is shot and I need a new one? and also the other propane line has a small threaded fitting for a 20 lb tank do I buy a new adapter or just replace that regulator with out testing it. All I want is the stove but if both work even better thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-10, 03:46 PM
Sounds like the regulator is bad if it's leaking out. A couple of other things to concider..... remember as of the last year or so it is illegal to refill the old style propane bottles without the overfill protection, you may need new bottles. Another thing, if your bottles were left off and the lines or the regulator were open to the air, there is an insect that LOVES propane lines. These things will climb in propane lines and make a mud-like nest clogging the lines. The regulators are cheap, I think that I would replace it.

Old 03-30-10, 05:49 PM
Ya I already replaced it .. and found out it was a single stage regulator and here in this province where I live 2 stage a required so I needed to replace it... I replaced and works fine...

Old 04-12-10, 05:31 AM
Glad to hear that your up and running!