problems with my "95" Dodge Caravan

Old 05-15-10, 03:44 PM
problems with my "95" Dodge Caravan

I have a 1995 Dodge Caravan after driving it for 20 min. my check engine light comes on. when i shut off the van the light goes off but comes back on after 20 min. also their are times as i drive the van feels like it wants to stall what could the problem be?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-10, 05:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! You can spend about $100 on a diagnostic tool, or go by an Auto Zone and ask them to run the codes for you. This is usually a free service, and nominal at the most. Ask them to give you the codes and clear them from the system. They may balk at clearing them, but ask nicely. Once you have the codes, they can interpret them for you and tell you what part or parts are malfunctioning.

Old 05-17-10, 05:29 AM
On a 95 you may be able to cycle key from off to on (not start) off, on, off, then leave it on the 3rd time,and count flashes from check engine light. There will be a flash(es) then pause, then another series of flashes.That's one code, 2 digit number always.
Example: flash, flash, pause, flash flash,flash, is code 23.
Try it and let us know what you get. 5 flashes, pause, 5 more flashes, is code 55 which means end of message.

Old 05-17-10, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Welcome to the forums! You can spend about $100 on a diagnostic tool, or go by an Auto Zone and ask them to run the codes for you. This is usually a free service, and nominal at the most. Ask them to give you the codes and clear them from the system. They may balk at clearing them, but ask nicely. Once you have the codes, they can interpret them for you and tell you what part or parts are malfunctioning.
95 model.
don't think will have obd2
(scan tool-at auto z/etc- not used on the older vehicles)

Old 05-20-10, 06:58 AM
Heard that OBDII was more likely to be used in the '96 model year. Not sure if this holds true for Dodge.

Old 05-20-10, 04:42 PM
I believe y'all are right, and I was thinking 1998, anyway, so thanks for the catch.

Old 06-09-10, 09:29 AM
Of course if we were all made of money we could all get rid of older vehicles instead of trying to repair them. So you are saying I should get rid of my 79 F100 that has absolutely no problems...

Old 06-09-10, 03:51 PM
If I had the money, I would buy a classic truck, think 1950's, they look so much better than today's. Not to mention it would be easier to do a tuneup without 9,000 sensors and anti-pollution devices.