100k+ miles. What fluids should I have changed.

Old 05-23-10, 05:34 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
100k+ miles. What fluids should I have changed.

I have 106k on my 2003 dodge dakota. I'm due for an oil change and I was wondering about other things that I could get done at the same time. Should i do anything with my manual transmission and transfer case? Flush the radiator? How often should I change my differential fluid?

Old 05-23-10, 05:53 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drooplug
I have 106k on my 2003 dodge dakota. I'm due for an oil change and I was wondering about other things that I could get done at the same time. Should i do anything with my manual transmission and transfer case? Flush the radiator? How often should I change my differential fluid?
Follow your owners manual. It will have every service needed and at what mileage or time.
A lot of owners do not understand the difference beween "normal" and "severe" service intervals.
You should do a little research to determine the difference if you do not know already

Old 05-23-10, 06:07 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The owner's manual gives up at 100k. It never makes any suggestions as to when to change the manual trans fluid or transfer case. Not even the diffs. I have have them all changed before, but I was hoping for some more educated advice.

Old 05-23-10, 08:55 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
just a fyi!
change the transfer case (if nonmaly ued)-60+000 miles/along with (rear drive axle-only if -chattering is a problem)
trans flud-50-K
coolant-50-K

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: