Norcold 1200LRIM No cool

Old 09-12-10, 08:09 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Norcold 1200LRIM No cool

I was at a location Where I could Not get level.My norcold 1200 stopped cooling started beeping with No Co code While we were out.After returning I shut it down came home Did a Reset.The code will go off For several hours but no cool.Then the code comes back The same No CO.Can anyone tell something else to try or check to see what is wrong.

Old 09-12-10, 09:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A buddy of mine had a problem similar to what you’re describing. Turned out his unit was part of a recall. Yours maybe to. Look into it. Links below should help.

Norcold Promotion

Recall Info

Old 09-13-10, 07:58 AM
S
recall

I have already checked and its not a recall unit

Old 09-13-10, 12:25 PM
Since it's not a recall unit, are both rear condenser fans working?

Old 09-13-10, 02:04 PM
S
fans

I do not Know for sure . Will only stay on for a while after I reset it but with no cool at all Then the no Co code comes back on. I never hear the fans come on .Someone told me I need to by pass Then Electronics and turn the cooling unit on full to see if it is OK can anyone tell me how this is done.

Old 09-13-10, 02:28 PM
(Quote) Then the no Co code comes back on.

Must know for sure about fans either way. Above tell's me you never tried "Reset". If I'm wrong let me know. If I'm right click below.

RV Tech Library - Norcold NO CO Error Reset Procedure

Old 09-13-10, 03:21 PM
S
Yes I have Did a reset I pulled all power to unit and then did a reset with a jumper wire from the # 15 To ground after I powered it back up.At this time the Code Goes off for a while But Know Cooling comes back .I Do here a Noise But Do not think it is the fans more like a buzz in the coils

Old 09-13-10, 06:17 PM
“NO CO” is a cooling unit safety shut down error. NO CO means that the refer module hasn’t made a normal cool down cycle. The refer module has seen one or more “no co” errors so now it’s locked out. If the first “no co” error had been found and repaired the module never would have never locked out. The module locks out purposely so the “CU” (command unit) doesn’t get damaged.

Still waiting to get confirmation on the condenser fans. This whole problem could be the fans. Are they or are they not coming on?

(Quote) Yes I have Did a reset I pulled all power to unit and then did a reset with a jumper wire from the # 15 To ground after I powered it back up.

Doesn’t sound right to me. Check to make sure you used the correct reset procedure. The document in my last post had two procedures. The procedures are serial number sensitive. In other words you use the reset procedure that is matches your machines serial number. Click below.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=ht.../ncold1200.pdf

Old 09-14-10, 08:01 AM
S
Condenser fans

I have Not Pulled the roof cap to see for sure .but I have heard them in the past and I say No they are not coming on.

Old 09-14-10, 09:05 AM
S
Reset

Sorry I didn't notice your Post about the reset until after that after I Sent the message about the fans .I might Have Been Doing the wrong reset.I just tried the other .Waiting to see if successful.I still do not here any fans.Be back to let know if cooling Thanks

Old 09-14-10, 04:21 PM
S
New reset

Newer Reset worked .Fans are running and it is cooling .Thanks for the information on the new reset .All is good

Old 09-14-10, 05:57 PM
You're welcome. My pleasure to help.

Old 09-22-10, 07:27 AM
B
"no co" code and reset procedure.

ASE MASTER,

You are right about why it went into that lockout but seemed a little unsure as to how it can be taken out of lockout and then fixed. The reset procedure for this unit is to jump pin 15 to ground but you can't have all your power disconnected. Disconnect everything but your 12VDC since you will need to have the refrigerator on and flashing the code while you're jumping the pin to ground. After it is reset that's when you will want to start the troubleshooting process.

This code is very generic and could be the caused of any one component that effects the cooling of the unit. Cooling unit, Thermistor, AC Heater, something in regards to the LP operation, running the unit off level, etc.

The best way to troubleshoot this unit is to reset the board and put it in bypass mode. You can do this by turning it on the coldest setting and disconnecting your Thermistor (located at your light fixture). This will tell the refrigerator to run continuously. This will help you eliminate some of the possible issues. If the refrigerator cools fine, you have a bad Thermistor.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 05-04-11 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Link removed. Advertising and soliciting not allowed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: