ice maker

Old 10-17-10, 07:53 PM
ice maker

I have a Norcold 120X-IM and the ice maker only makes a batch of ice once in a while. Any suggestions on what might be the cause.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-10, 05:29 AM
Group Moderator
I think this probably belongs in the refrigerator forum, but we'll leave it here for the time being. I post a note over there for the appliance guys to have a look.

Old 10-18-10, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
There are many switches and thermostats on an ice maker and would be difficult to diagnose when not able to see it.
Other than a bad electrical component it is possible that if the freezer compartment was not cold enough the maker would not sense ice to harvest.
When it won't make ice, is there ice in the pan and it won't harvest or is the pan empty?

Here is a link to a manual for your unit to help track the problem down.

Old 10-18-10, 11:29 AM
the pan is empty and it will make some ice but maybe only one batch a weekend. This is in a motorhome so it is not always connected to a water supply. Example. This weekend it did not make any while it was connected to a water supply once I arrived home and plugged the unit back in within 5 minutes a tray of ice dropped into the pan. ???

Old 10-19-10, 06:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Might need or want to check for any water filter(s) that the frig has. Before assuming a part is defective. If a water filter is restricted and or plug restricting water inlet, condition described may exist.

Next check freezer temperature. Might not be cold enough to even produce ice cubes. Discharge device might be defective, restricted or inoperable?

Also check refrigerator temperature. Use a new thermometer to check temps for both. Will re friggy keep temp?

Does it keep beer cold?...

Beer 4U2