Car stereo

Old 11-26-10, 10:30 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Car stereo

Hi, I'm in a process to buy a new car stereo with USB and AUX inputs for my 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (new body style) pickup truck. I was told by a Future Shop sales person that I need to buy a special harness for $139.- to connect a new stereo to the truck dashboard wiring (radio connector) otherwise some functions may not work. I guess he was getting to GMLAN connection which will affect some dash board functions when disconnected. Where do I connect the GMLAN wire with a new stereo?? I have Haynes Repair Manual for the truck with the wiring schematics. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-10, 08:26 PM
Why are you replacing the stereo??? Is there something wrong with the OEM one??? As far as i am concerned, you'r best bet is to keep the one your truck has if it works or have it repaired by GM if it has issues.. Unless something has changed, I wouldn't buy a vehicle that has an aftermarket stereo, alarm, remote start, etc as the install on all of these usually leads to lots of trouble.. Others may disagree,, but I have yet to see a "Professonal install" on any aftermarket accessories.. Fix the OEM one & save a lot of headaches,, Just my Thoughts,, Roger

Old 11-28-10, 06:15 AM
C
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The GMLAN will connect to the "Wire Harness Adaptor" that you need to purchase. Then one end of the adaptor will connect to the radio and the other end will connect to the trucks wiring in the dashboard. Visit the website below, and enter your trucks information to get the correct wire harness adaptor.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 11-28-10 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Link removed
Old 11-28-10, 08:31 PM
D
Thanks a lot for the info.
I just want to buy a stereo with CD, USB and AUX input. The one which came with the truck is a plain basic radio.
I wasn't sure if I need to buy the adaptor to accomodate GMLAN. I guess everything is computer controlled now a days