Norcold 6162 Won't recognize 120VC

Old 12-22-10, 09:49 PM
Norcold 6162 Won't recognize 120VC

I have a Norcold model 6162, two way 120/gas. Been working fine for years and has been off for the winter. I went to fire it up and it does not detect 120 VAC when in auto mode and switches to gas and lights as it should. There is 120 vac to trailer and 120 vac at outlet in the fridge compartment and 120 vac to plug/pigtail up to the box. What would be next to look at? I'm asusming 12DC is good as there are lights at the controls and it switches to gas and fires off as expected if there was no 120 vac

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-10, 05:03 AM
I'd check for power with multimeter @ 5 amp fuse for hydro operation under cover of control box at back of fridge. From there, if fuse is good, check for power at spade connector(s) going from board to element for 120VAC. If element is getting power, but not heating up, replace the element.
Here's a link to service manual, which should guide you with troubleshooting section etc. You'll need a multimeter, and Please be careful, or ask for help from someone experienced with electrical, if your not sure, and pay attention to all warnings in that manual. If your still stumped, get back to me, and I'll walk you through it.
Link : ( http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/600.pdf )

Old 05-22-11, 07:01 PM
Norcold 6162 two way won't recognize 120vac

Took off the cover and discovered that the 5amp was blown. I replaced this and reassembled and when I turned it on to auto, it brought up the AC indicator for about 10 seconds and then went out and switched to gas. I'll bet that the fuse is blown again. Does anyone think that maybe the AC Heater might be defective. I'm going to replace the fuse again as a test and remove the AC heater cables from the box. Then I'm going to reconnect power and see what happens. If the AC lights stays on the Brow panel, the issue must be a short somewhere after the fuse.

Old 05-23-11, 05:53 PM
Could be a short in the AC element, so yes, I'd consider changing it.