Access Tonneau cover

Old 01-21-11, 10:45 PM
Access Tonneau cover

Hi,

I have an Access Tonneau cover that was on my 2003 Dodge Dakota. I took it off before the holidays last year because the velcor was not holding the cover down and with it being out in the elements, it was getting worn and starting to tear. Is there any way for me to get the cover repaired? I'm sure I can buy another velcro strip and glue it onto the rails in order to hold the cover down. I am wondering if there is any way that I could buy either a piece of vinyl or sew the hole up. If sewing it up, what kind of thread would I have to use? I would like to get this repaired without investing a whole lot of money into it.

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-11, 06:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Chris: I believe sewing will be the hard part, since it will be so thick. I don't think hand sewing will work, nor will any type glue, since it takes a beating back there. A canvas shop would be your best bet to get it repaired to the specs needed to fit the truck. IIRC, there is a trim shop up in Forest Park who I used many years ago, and if he is still in business, he does excellent work. I'll try to think of the name and repost it if I can.