2003 Chevy silverado cranks but does not start dashboard lights/guages out

Old 01-31-11, 03:46 AM
2003 Chevy silverado cranks but does not start dashboard lights/guages out

I have a 2003 Chevy silverado,lent it to someone to move furniture and now it does not start. It cranks very strongly but does not turn over. I checked a few fuses I thought might be the problem, in the middle of the night, I will go back this morning in the daylight and check them all. Some of my other vehicles you can hear the fuel system "charging" when you start the vehicle. I don't hear anything before the engine starts cranking now.The dash lights do not come on nor do any of the usual warning lights that are tested at start up
Any thoughts?
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-11, 03:39 PM
yeah.... how many miles on it? Dump some fuel into the intake and see if she fires up. If she does, you need to pull the fuel filter and then see if she will pump fuel when you turn the key on, if so, get a new fuel filter, if not, see if you have voltage at the fuel pump, if so, get a new fuel pump, if not, check fuses or any safety "kill" switches in the vehicle. Good Luck!

Old 02-04-11, 03:42 PM
sorry, forgot about if she doesn't fire up when you put fuel in the intake.... if it doesn't fire up, I would pay very close attention to the fuse box and use a test light on each side of the fuse rather than visual inspection.

Old 02-05-11, 04:58 AM
Group Moderator
You may need a garage with a good electrical system troubleshooter. The fact that there is apparently more than one issue going on (no start and no instrument panel lights) would tend to suggest something more than a single circuit out.