95 S10 2.2 a/c electrical problems

Old 04-30-11, 04:55 PM
95 S10 2.2 a/c electrical problems

Hey Guys,

Im having an issue with the a/c. The water pump went bad and the truck overheated on me and the a/c now only blows thru the defrost. This happened before when the truck overheated about a year ago for something else. The first time I took it in to get fixed and it was only $20 to fix. So its gatta be something simple. Another issue is electrical, sometimes when I turn the a/c on the motor revs high and low and the windshield wipers come on.

Thanks. (1995 chevy S10 2.2 4 cyl 5 speed)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-11, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
the a/c now only blows thru the defrost.
The damper doors are vacuum operated I believe. I think when there is a vacuum issue the damper always defaults to defrost. Look under the hood near the canister, and master cylinder for cracked hoses.

Another issue is electrical, sometimes when I turn the a/c on the motor revs high and low and the windshield wipers come on

Cant help you there. With the a/c on the motor does this normally with the hi/lo revs. As far as the wipers, you need to find your electrical schematic and see what the wipers are tied into that nay be affecting them.

How do you end up turning the wipers off if not activated by the switch?

Mike NJ

Old 05-01-11, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mike,

The wipers work with the wiper switch, sometimes though they run faster or slower than what I have the speed on. Also other times I turn the wipers off and they stay on for about 10-15 seconds. The issue with the a/c is that I have to turn the a/c off to stop the wipers when that happens. Then turn the a/c back on and it stops. I'll check the schematics and see if I can find something.

Thanks again.

Old 05-01-11, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Sounds like it may be alternator/batt. Test both of those items and go from there.

Mike NJ

Old 05-01-11, 05:23 PM
I have had battery issues, where the neg battery cable bolt hole is stripped and the bolt comes loose. I would have to tighten it every so often when the truck wouldn't start. I didn't think that could cause that type of issues. I know if I don't get that fixed it could cause the alt to go bad. I havn't had a chance to check the damper today, I will tomorrow.

Thanks again.