1994 f150 cruise controle rpoblem

Old 05-23-11, 09:30 AM
1994 f150 cruise controle rpoblem

the cruise has vever worked as long as i have had it any thing i can do to get it to work

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-11, 10:03 PM
How long have you had it?? Does it have tilt steering?? Has anything under the hood been changed or modified?? Have you checked the resistance of the switches in the steering wheel?? Is it auto or standard trans?? Lots of questions & There are more to ask.. At least let us know what you have for an engine & trans, & if you have done any troubleshooting,, Sounds stoopid, but does the horn work??? The horn & cruise brushes are the same assembly & were a weak point... Roger

Old 05-24-11, 07:24 AM
I have had the truck for about a year, it does have tilt steering, nothing under the hood has been modified. it has the 5.8 V8 auto trans. the only trouble shooting that i have done is look for a vacume leack under the hood and didnt find anything. and yes the horn does work, as for the resistance on the switch, the buttons seem normal when i push them.

Old 05-28-11, 10:37 PM
(((as for the resistance on the switch, the buttons seem normal when i push them))). .... I mean the electrical restance.. You have to measure them with an Ohmmeter as you operate them,,, Roger

Old 05-29-11, 04:43 PM
have you had the switch on the brake master cylinder replaced/ looked at.
it 'may' be part of a recall.
check with a local ford dealer.

it is part of the cruise control electrical circuit